Monday, August 28, 2006

Baby Thomas' scan

This afternoon, we had an appointment to do a routinary scan.

I am 6 months pregnant now and this was the third scan already.

It was emotional and touching as usual to spy in the screen this small being, moving, growing and developing himself inside my womb. It is amazing how with the fast advances of technology in this area, it is so clear, so perfect and easy to understand and to appreciate all the details of the tiny anatomy.

C had a serious air but didn't stop watching while the doctor/technician was moving the scan around our baby, messuring every little bone, every organ.

It still is a mistery to me how C feels about the baby, how is he experiencing my pregnancy, if he is preparing himself for fatherhood, most of the time I have the feeling that he is not aware that this creature will change our lives in every possible sense.

After the Hospital, we had time for a quick coffee before I return to the office. We talked about how fast Thomas is growing inside of me and as usual I said I hope he has same eyes as his father. C teased me by saying that those cheeks looked exactly like mine.

We discussed what language the baby would speak and we both agree that we should talk to him in English as he ultimately he will learn Spanish with the rest of the family, school, etc.. Of course there's no other possibility for C than to speak to him in English.

C told me that he would like to teach music to Thomas or at least give him all the tools and all the opportunities that come with no effort. I hope our son will be able to appreciate this, I believe that growing in a family that is so interested in arts would encourage him to do something related. I would love him to be a musician like his father, but of course this is something that he will have to decide himself. And this is what I let C know: yes, we will be there for him, to give him all the tools and to be his guide, but I will be happy with whatever he decides to do in life, if he has a passion for it.

No comments: